Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog about Sept 12th class

I found the article on digital immigrants and digital natives to be very interesting.  I knew there was/are students that are more comfortable with technology than when I went to school but didn't think it was such a big deal.  It makes a lot of sense that a teacher needs to be able to connect information and use the new technology to reach their students.  The article also made me more aware of some of the problems that might occur during that connection process.
The movie titled "Who are the students today" was also equally interesting.  I know my parents were very strict on making me be in a silent room when I was studying but as we saw in the video students today are better at multitasking and can handle the distractions.  I was also surprised how the average hours of a student's life added up.  I feel students today have a lot on their plate and might have a difficult time not only going through school but keeping up with the ever changing technology and being a normal young person.

No comments:

Post a Comment